Monday, April 7, 2008

Why is he shaking his bootie?

Excuse me? I resemble that remark!!!


This is what my cousin Josh said when Mommy sent Aunt Wonderful (this is what my Mom's sister requires that I call her-not quite sure what wonder means yet, but she's definitely full of something) a video of me crawling. Now, I realize that my diaper may make my derriere look a little voluptuous, but I was so obviously not dancing in that video....I was CRAWLING!!!!


You heard right, I'm a crawler now. Hard to believe I was an entirely stationary object just a few months ago...and now I'm on the loose! There's no stopping me! I've been eyeing things around this place from afar for MONTHS! Finally, I am able to check them all out close-up.


The parents weren't prepared for this, I keep hearing them say this over and over....Didn't they know that this is just a natural progression? Geez. You'd think Mom never read any baby books or studied baby milestones obsessively. They knew it was coming and have had 9 months (technically 18 months) to prepare and they still weren't ready.


I started out last week with this funny half-crawl. I'd leave one leg crossed in front and pull with it while I pushed with the other behind me. This gave Mom and Dad a false sense of security that they would have more time to relax before I was quick enough to get away from them and research my newfound treasures unsupervised. Not so! I just wanted to watch their faces when I went from a snail's pace to figuring it all out in a heartbeat. I rushed off towards my bedroom, leaving a trail of dust behind me along with my bewildered parents....only the dog can keep up.



My favorite thing to do is to turn this huge knob on this big, black box below the even bigger picture screen on a stand. If I'm fast enough, I can get over there and turn it before Mom has a clue I've even moved. Its so loud that she makes a funny face and covers the protrusions that stick out from either side of her head. She says "No, no Cooper," which I'm pretty sure translates to "keep up the good work, kid" and moves me back to my toys (boring!). Like stacking plastic squares and putting oddly shaped objects into a box is any match for my intellect and skill! I need real action, like eating Mom's shoes, I've figured that if I hide under something, it gives me more time to chew. Maybe she shouldn't leave them out?

GO ME!!! There's so much more to see and do now that I'm mobile! Here's an action shot:





4 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to Go SUPER Cooper!!! (Oh, Don't worry about Mommy, she loves every bit of it. heehee.)

Annie said...

I'm so proud of you, Cooper! Have all the fun you can before Mommy and Daddy decide to childproof everything.

Anonymous said...

Cooper! What a guy, crawling already. Way tgo put your folks into a tizzy. Love and Hugs,
Uncle Hulan and Aunt Brenda

Anonymous said...

Coopy, Aunt Wonderful is so full of love and pride over your newest achievement!!